Tailored To Perfection

Spexy Lady has a new best friend! Her name is Natalie and she's my alteration lady. She's a master tailor who has magically transformed my ill-fitting clothes that hung at the back of my closet because they bagged in the seat, were too long, hung off my shoulders, or were a tad too tight from too many cookie raids in the night!

How many of us can pull something off the rack and have it fit us like it was truly tailor-made? Not many that I know of.

After seeing some old photos of myself in too-long jackets, oversized shoulders, and blouses that hung well beyond my wrist, I realized how valuable Natalie is. She's a genius at nipping in the waist of a boxy jacket, giving me the illusion (yes, the illusion) of a real waistline. She pulls up the shoulders of a long-waisted vest and tells me quite frankly, "This doesn't fit you," and pulls up about 2 inches from the back and pins it.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have your own tailor, who designed and sewed every piece of clothing you owned to fit your body with all its special curves, bumps and angles? Since that's a pipe dream for most women, the next best thing is to cozy up to a great alteration lady. Not in your budget? How about asking someone you know who sews who'd be willing to nip, tuck, and trim your clothes to fit.

Whether you spend a lot or a little on your wardrobe, tailoring your jackets, pants, dresses, skirts and blouses to fit makes all the difference in the world in how you look and feel in your clothes.

And when it comes to presenting a professional image, that well-tailored outfit can make all the difference in the world!

Happy hunting for your own Natalie!

Comments

Popular Posts