THE INTERN DIARIES: THE TAKEAWAYS
How did our interns fare this summer? Accolades all around. Light bulb moments, when one intern comments: "By the time you get ready for work, hit the freeway to make it to work on time, get through a full day, then hit the freeway to go back home, and grab a work-out at the gym, it's a full 12 to 14 hour day!"
SpexyLady pops back, "Welcome to the real world!" The good news is no tests, no papers, no snooze-worthy profs, just a paycheck if you're one of the lucky interns who scored a paying gig this summer, and a great addition to the resume.
Quick takeaways on what our interns learned:
- How to meet deadines
- How to communicate with clients effectively
- Going beyond the extra mile wins lots of brownie points with the boss
- How to do cold calls without going cold on the call
- Where to find the best lunch nibbles on a budget
- How to balance a social life, summer school, and staying buff and trim
And then there were the other important takeaways:
- How to mask your weekend hangover on Monday morning
- How to make a 30 minute drive in 15 when you sleep through the alarm
- How to come up with a believable excuse for taking a day off
All important lessons for the real jump into the job world next year!
Bravo to all the spex-tacular interns this summer!